Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Confessions of tearless eyes


Don’t think that I forgot to carry my tear glands with me when I came to earth. I carried all my stuffs with me including my expressions. I was born completely normal painted in dark brown color. I showed tears when my master cried, I expressed happiness when he was happy. Things were very beautiful and I was happy living with him. But nothing is permanent in this world so was my happiness. Things started to change when he grew old, I was ordered not to show any tears. I had to follow him after all he is my master and I was his loyal part.
It was a winter evening, fog started to cover the valley in her arms. My master and his dad along with some family members were returning home after attending a marriage. Suddenly the car hit an ambassador and before the driver could control it again hit the boundary of the bridge. There was darkness complete darkness in front of me. After few seconds some amount of light entered me and what I saw was blood, blood all over my master’s hand. I wanted to cry out of pain but I didn’t because I didn’t want my master’s father to become weak.
I wanted to shed tears when his mother wept while he was leaving his home for his studies. He left his home with a heavy heart but kept all his grief inside.
The day his cousin brother died, I was almost on the verge of meeting my companion “tears” but he was thinking if he cried he will not be able to support his family. They will become weak. Being part of a responsible son, I didn’t cry that day too.
I remember the dark evening when the two souls parted. Yes, my master and his beloved broke up. The face which made me smile, the first face which I saw every morning in his phone, the face which was a source of immense pleasure for me was leaving. Tears came, finally they came, and I was sinking in tears. A drop came out from me, I wanted to cry more, just down there on the road or may be in her lap, I wanted to tell her I can’t live without her, everything other than her face seemed useless, colorless to me. It was her who made me recognize colors of life, without her I was color blind. This was the last time me and my tears met.
Emotionless, stone heart and so many other adjectives people use for him but I want to tell them all, no, he is not emotionless. He has a heart, a heart which feels everything, love and pain, sorrow and happiness. He doesn’t show his emotions that doesn’t make him emotionless. I feel so bad for him, I know who he is and what he feels.
I am tired of hiding my tears, I can’t live with a heavy heart anymore. I can’t tolerate people calling him emotionless. I just want to shed tears, show the world that he is in pain. I want to cry on her beloved’s shoulder. He makes the tears evaporate and leaves the salt deposited within me. Someone tell him the salt irritates me. I want to mix them in tears again and shed them all. I want to be like my friend reflex “Free”.
Just tell him I want to be free, tell him not to control me anymore




© Sarthak Sagar

8 comments: